Therapy for Oro-motor/sensory and feeding issues
Along with postural and sensory issues childrenwith cerebral palsy and other neuromotor disorder are also having some oro motor control, oral sensory issue and feeding difficulties.with various approach and therapy we can increases somato sensory awareness. Therapy helps in normalizing the oral tactile sensitivity. It also increases the volitional movement of oral structure for speech production and it also helps in reducing the feeding issue too.
Signs of child may need therapy fororo-motor/sensory and feeding issues:
- Excessive gaging while feeding
- Excessive drooling
- Taking long time for feeding
- Frequent falling sick (pneumonia), continuously having lung secretions.
- Severe constipation.
- Choosy about texture and test of food.
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Chewing and drinking issues.