Aquatic Therapy (Water Specific Therapy WST – Hallawick, Bad Ragaz Ring Mathod, Ai chi, Wastu)
Aquatic Therapy is a set of therapeutic procedures applied in a pool by a certified practitioner in bringing about Therapeutic changes in an individual using the properties & hydrodynamic principles of water to maintain, improve or restore body structure & function, to overcome activity limitations and facilitate participation to full-fill their roles independently in daily life to the maximum extent possible.
Dr Mona Patel is ATNI (Aquatic Therapy Network of India) certified therapist. And Dr Tejas Patel is Water Specific Therapy – Halliwick (IATF, Switzerland) certified therapist.And there are 8 another atni certified Aquatic Therapist working in team SPARSH.
Sparshpeadiatric Rehabilitation Clinic is associate with indoor temperature control pool.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Offers a medium for patients to experiment. Child will fill freedom of movement because of buoyancy.
- Gives time for patients to develop motor strategies.
- Reduces ground reactions forces.
- Gives apparent loss of weight.
- Reduces weight bearing on joints at different immersion depths.
- Gives therapist a 3 dimension perspective of the patient.
- Lighter to the therapist.
- Natural relaxation because of the warmth of water.
- Promotes muscular relaxation.
- Reduces pain sensitivity.
- Increases ease of joint movement.
- Increases muscle strength and endurance.
- Reduces gravitational force.
- Re- educates paralyzed muscles.
- Improves body awareness, balance, co-ordination & posture.
- Encourages functional activities.
- Regulates tone.
- Improves circulation.
- Reduces edema.
- Puts a greater demand on the heart.
- Improves respiratory muscle strength.
- Helps in regaining good breathing control.
- Ensures ventilation to all parts of lungs.
- Develops milestones
- And finally brings Functional changes
- Improves patients morale and confidence.