Speech Therapy is the treatment of language disorders and speech problems. Your child may have difficulty putting words together and producing sounds. A language or speech pathologist (speech therapist) understands in the development of human communication, speech disorders and the proper techniques to give your child the power to communicate more effectively. Sparsh’s speech therapist trained and certified in various world wide accepted approaches like PEC (PICTURE EXCHANGE COMMUNICATION) and ABA (APPLIED BEHAVIOUR ANALAYSIS).
Signs Your Child may need Speech Therapy:
- Your child is stumbling-or stammering over words
- Garbled or inaccurate/inarticulate speech
- Your child's teacher has expressed concern about problems with verbal skills and communication
- Your child becomes frustrated easily when trying to communicate verbally
- Difficulty holding head up