Paediatric Occupational Therapists help your child learn thefine motor skills. They also focus on subtle tasks of visual-motor development,sensory processing, fine-motor development, feeding skills and activities of daily life.
Occupational therapists often see children who have been diagnosed with Autism, ADHD, Asperger’s, sensory processing delays, visual motor difficulties, writing and fine movements of hands.
They deal with various worldwide accepted approaches like APPIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS, SENSORY INTEGRATION, and PICTURE EXCHANGE COMMUNICATION [Sparsh is having certified ABA (applied behaviour analysis), PEC (PICTURE EXCHANGE COMMUNICATION), SI (SENSORY INTEGRATION) occupational therapist]
When your child needoccupational therapy
- Writing difficulties
- Fine motor activities problems like buttoning, dressing undressing, and handling with spoon and fork,
- Attention deficits/ Hyperactivity
- Difficulty in performing task
- Refusal to mingle
- Not coping from black board in school
- Write few alphabets in wrong manner for e.g. b-d, p-q….
- Visuo motor co-ordination problems.